The recreational use of poppers is typically an attempt to enhance a sexual experience. The head rush, euphoria, and sensations of relaxation that result from a drop in blood pressure are often felt to increase sexual arousal. At the same time, the relaxation of the sphincter [anus] muscle can make penetration easier. Similarly, a temporary reduction of the stiffness of the erection can also make penetration easier or more comfortable, so long as an adequate degree of stiffness is retained. Some people find poppers can also moderate their gag reflex, which makes giving blow jobs easier. Others report that poppers can enhance and prolong orgasms.
While anecdotal evidence reveals that men can find the experience of using poppers pleasurable, this experience is not universal. Some people report that the smell of second-hand poppers (which delivers a relatively small dose) can cause head-aches and nausea. Some men find that poppers can interfere with their ability to maintain an erection. These undesirable effects occur for most people as exposure increases, reducing the likelihood of an overdose.
Most of the above text was taken from the Wikipedia Online Encyclopedia. At the bottom of the Wikipedia article are many related links for further reading.Nitrite Inhalants [Poppers] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrite_inhalants Warning: NEVER use poppers with erection enhancing drugs like Viagra. The combination is very dangerous.
Nitrites originally came as small glass capsules that were "popped" open, hence the name. Nowadays they are available in small bottles with brand names like Ram, Thrust and Rock Hard. One big sniff and you can immediately feel the effects. They fade after a couple of minutes.
- An initial head rush that lasts a couple of minutes.
- Sniffing poppers during sex can make orgasms feel like they last longer. And some people say it makes their sexual organs feel massive.
- May help relax anal sphincter muscles.
- The effects don't last long and can leave people feeling sick, faint and weak. Especially if taken while dancing.
- Some people say they have trouble getting an erection after sniffing poppers.
- Poppers can give you the Mother of all headaches.
- Some people get a rash around their mouth.
- Poppers are toxic and can kill you if swallowed.
- Taking poppers is a dangerous idea for anyone with chest or heart problems, anemia or glaucoma.
- It is very dangerous to take poppers with Viagra or other medications that reduce blood pressure as the combination can cause your blood pressure to drop so low that it becomes dangerous.
- Don't get them on your skin, poppers burn.
- They are highly flammable.
- Poppers aren't physically or psychologically addictive.
Poppers Myth Discussion site about poppers http://www.virusmythpoppersmyth.org/